Power2go6 error .

Reaction score
When I try to Install Cyberlink Power2Go 6 I get this message :
The installation source for this product is not availiable. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.
C:\Windows\Installer\2d2de6.msi

Its a problem with Windows Installer .
What should I do !

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I googled for this error message and the only other report was from another using the same software with Windows 7, so there could be a compatibility error.

It appears that there is a Windows 7 update available for download on this page (just click the red arrow next to Power2Go), which should allow you to get things up and running:

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-update.do

Reaction score
- Not Worked the same problem . A Windows Installer missing :S -

Reaction score
- Downloaded CDBurnerXP but not installed .
Power2go not workin again :S Could'nt Install . Maby I should Format my PC ! -

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
- Downloaded CDBurnerXP but not installed .
Power2go not workin again :S Could'nt Install . Maby I should Format my PC ! -

Did you do an upgrade install of Windows 7 over an existing install of Vista? That may be your problem. People who have gone that route have had issues later on.

Doing a clean install should solve any problems.

Reaction score
I did the upgrade route from vista to 7 and I just checked my Cyber Link DVD Suite Deluxe and all is working just fine. No compatibility issues here. Try reinstalling 7. Do you have the back up DVD of 7, you could do a install repair? Or are you trying to install this app from a bundle OEM of a previous version of Windows you had. If that's the case, it's not going to work. If you want to keep your bundle software from previous version you will have to do the upgrade route. Otherwise a clean install will wipe it all clean and you lose those bundle apps as I understand it.

Reaction score
- No I installed Windows7 by using Costumize a clean Install :)
Than I installed Power2go 6 from the CD than Uninstalled it .After a week I downloaded Power2go from internet and Installed it and Uninstalled it again .
Next time when I tried to Install Power2go from my CD i had this error .
Maby Power2go that I dowloaded from internet made this error but Im not sure .
I would Format my PC but its full of programs and other things so I Post this thread hoping someone can Help me -

Reaction score
OK, got it. Now what I think happened is your registry has been corrupted either from the download string or most likely the uninstalling string. Run your registry cleaner for errors. I recommend using Ccleaner and Auslogics registry cleaner and disc defragmenter. A good utilities program wouldn't hurt either, I recommend TuneUp Utilities 2010 (paid subscription) but worth it IMO. There is a free 30 day trial of it. Also run any spyware, adware and malware apps you have. I also recommend Revo Uninstaller; it removes all the registry strings associated with a program. Run all those and then reboot and try to install it again.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
- No I installed Windows7 by using Costumize a clean Install :)
Than I installed Power2go 6 from the CD than Uninstalled it .After a week I downloaded Power2go from internet and Installed it and Uninstalled it again .
Next time when I tried to Install Power2go from my CD i had this error .
Maby Power2go that I dowloaded from internet made this error but Im not sure .
I would Format my PC but its full of programs and other things so I Post this thread hoping someone can Help me -
Using the downloaded application will make no difference.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I would go with CDBurnerXP Fiton as it works very well with Windows 7 32 & 64-bit also it has a great interface that has proved its self from its release back in 2003.

Reaction score
- I will try CDBurnerXP and tell you how It looked to me.
ThatS my only option. -

Reaction score
Really very informative and interesting site.because this site has good information all of users.
I learn many things about internet marketing from your blog, thank you and good luck.

Ask a Question