Os boot screen problem!!

Reaction score
Hi
I have windows 7 running on my computer , and I decided to install fedora os with it
I removed fedora but the os boot menu keep coming
how can I remove the os boot menu?

Reaction score
Hi abolkog - Welcome to w7forums

Try using EasyBCD 1.7.2. It's easy to use and free.

EasyBCD is NeoSmart Technologies' multiple award-winning answer to tweaking the new Windows Vista bootloader. With EasyBCD, almost anything is possible. Setting up and configuring Windows boot entries is simple, and there is no easier way to quickly boot right into Linux, Mac OS X, or BSD straight from the Windows Vista bootloader - on the fly, no expert knowledge needed!
Read more here - http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

Reaction score
Hi clifford and thank you
I solve it using bcdedit command , but i will keep what you suggest in mind.
thankx

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
abolkog, welcome to the forum! Did you create a separate partition for Fedora? And when you deleted the Fedora partition, did you format it as NTFS and spread Windows 7 back across it? I had a similar problem happen in XP Pro. Go to System Properties, click Advanced, click Startup & Recovery (settings), your boot order will be there. There will be a notepad. You will have to edit Fedora off the list, it will ask you to confirm, click Yes. It will no longer be on your boot menu. Hope this helps, if you need further help, please post.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I was digging through the computer while you two were solving it the easy way. Thanks for the link, Clifford! I can use that one, too.:)

Reaction score
abolkog, welcome to the forum! Did you create a separate partition for Fedora? And when you deleted the Fedora partition, did you format it as NTFS and spread Windows 7 back across it? I had a similar problem happen in XP Pro. Go to System Properties, click Advanced, click Startup & Recovery (settings), your boot order will be there. There will be a notepad. You will have to edit Fedora off the list, it will ask you to confirm, click Yes. It will no longer be on your boot menu. Hope this helps, if you need further help, please post.
I think this soultion doesn't work in win7, it works only for windows xp , i solve it now using bcdedit.
anyway my computer is in korean and my korean is so bad, so i have so much difficulties to reach what i want lool.
thankx for your reply :)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
abolkog, glad things worked out for you. I haven't had to do this in Windows 7, but didn't think it would be a lot of difference. Anytime you need assistance, come back.

Reaction score
Never thought of that, I thought I could setup fedora and win7 on the same partition, now I understand...

Reaction score
Well Bcdedit.exe was a good thing you chose to use but here i see EasyBcd is really easy. Recovering bootloader and removing extra entries is just a few click away :)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
For some reason or the other, Fedora 12 wouldn't install on my laptop. I wanted to take it for a spin, but it wouldn't boot. Same deal with Slackware. Wouldn't boot. I know how to burn ISO files, there's nothing wrong with my drive, either. I've burned and used many Linux ISO's with success, but not Fedora or Slackware. Anyway, I found my choice of a Linux OS in Mint 8 (64 bit). It is a true 64 bit OS, browser and all. That's how I know there is a difference between 32 and 64 bit browsers. The 64 bit had a much better screen, and downloaded faster, too. But by no means would I want to exclusively want to use Linux over Microsoft. They both have their merits, but Windows wins the overall battle between the two. With Windows 7, downloads are far easier to apply, there's more games (for those who do so), and you have professional support, which to me is a giant plus. Mint 8, on the other hand, offers lighting fast downloading, web pages are there as soon as you click (provided you have adequate RAM), and don't need to add a lot of security features (malware scanners and the like). So therefore, I have the best of both worlds.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I like Mint 8 also.

Over the weekend I tried the new Sabayon 5.2. Awesome!!!

Reaction score
But i prefer Ubuntu and Ubuntu 10.04 is going to be awesome .Sabayon is good but openSUSE is the best as it has got good GUI and is a very versatile OS. Newbies to Geeks can use it to for a lifetime :p

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Mint 8 is actually based around Ubuntu, but has a better look and feel. Their 64 bit version kicks butt! FF just upgraded to 3.5.9, and it's a true 64 bit browser. When is Ubuntu supposed to update, anyway? That will mean that Mint will update again, too.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I like Mint 8 also.

Over the weekend I tried the new Sabayon 5.2. Awesome!!!
I'm downloading the 32 bit to tryout on my laptop. If I like it, I saved the download page, I'll get the 64 bit.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
FF just upgraded to 3.5.9, and it's a true 64 bit browser.
The Mozilla x64 browser is called: Namoroka v3.6.3

But it still uses the Firefox Logo:

Downloads are here:

From Mozilla x86-64

Firefox Windows x64 build doesn't work on 32bit Windows even if you use processor that supports Intel EM64T or AMD64. If you want to use this, you have to install Windows x64 version (Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition or Windows Vista x64).

Firefox 3.6

Reaction score
But i prefer Ubuntu and Ubuntu 10.04 is going to be awesome .Sabayon is good but openSUSE is the best as it has got good GUI and is a very versatile OS. Newbies to Geeks can use it to for a lifetime :p
I totally Agree with you, I am using Ubuntu 9.10 now, Its really great

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I tried Sabayon, it was cool, but Mint 8 (64 bit) and Ubuntu 9.10 (64 bit) has served me well. Three OS's is enough for me. I did download and install the Ubuntu 10.04 Beta 2 (32 bit) on my laptop, it's not quite ready for me. But I'm sure that in time, it will. Ubuntu is in 3rd place, as far as the use of OS's go. Between Ubuntu and Mint, my Linux needs are served well. I once held a great grudge against Linux, but they have their place in the computing world, and with trying out several to find your "flavor", you can find one (or two) that does what you want it to.

Ask a Question