Office 2010 question.

Reaction score
I always open Outlook/contacts and then word over the top of it to do envelopes. I click on envelopes and then open the list of addresses by using the little book at the top of the window.

Some of the addresses show exactly as entered, a ficiticious sample is below. Note that I want the post code last. Sometimes it is, at other times it isn't.

Joe Bloggs
42 Black Avenue
Handsworth
Birmingham
West Midands
B56 7JY

Another willl open as below even though both entries have been saved the same way in Outllook/addresses.

Joe Bloggs
42 Black Avenue
Handsworth
Birmingham B56 7JY
West Midlands

Anyone know why please?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Andsome, I didn't reply sooner because the truth is I don't know Office 2010 (I still use 2007) but I happened to notice this is still unanswered and I did find THIS from Microsoft. I don't know if it will help or not.

Based on the article, I'm wondering if maybe the names that don't appear correctly in your list are
1) because you have something typed into the Full Name box which then controls how it is displayed.
OR
2) coming from the Microsoft Exchange Server Global Address List (because the article mentions those are not affected)

Reaction score
Many thanks for your reply. The articles MS seems to cover Outlook as the mail client. I use Windows Live Mail for that. All my addresses are entered in exactly the same format in CONTACTS. I use WORD for letters then for envelopes use the method I described. I want the post code to always be at the bottom. This is the case in some addresses but with others it appears further up in the address. The number of lines in the address appears to make no difference. I just change it when the address appears, for an envelope, it's a bit of a pain but I am now resigned to it.

Thanks again.

Ask a Question