SOLVED Norton Ghost 15

Reaction score
I'm running Win7 64-bit on a Toshiba Satellite. Norton Ghost 15 was running fine, then quit working - the usual "This program is unable to connect and communicate with the NG backup service on <This PC>" is what would appear.
No amount of Google searches proved fruitful, so I uninstalled it and cleaned out the registry of all NG and Symantec entries.
Now attempting to reinstall using the NG15 disk will not work at all. After trying to install, the installation rolls back, and I get Error 1935, HRESULT 0x800736FD. No amount of Google searches here have proved successful either. Probably not due to any recent Windows Updates, as we have another PC with NG15, and both PCs run WinUpdates regularly.
Any ideas out there?? Thanks!!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Best guess is that you may have corrupted something in your registry when you "cleaned it out". You might try restoring your system to a restore point prior to the issue or you may need to reinstall.

Ask a Question