SOLVED New install no issues

Reaction score
I recently downloaded the windows 7 home premium iso. I had a key from a defunct computer and wanted to replace Vista on my old laptop. Sorry but Vista is terrible. It reminds me of Millenium. Mostly useless.

I used IMGBurn to convert to disk and the install was flawless. I did not need to use ei.cfg. Activation went without a hitch. It's fantastic. 7 runs better on the old bird than did Vista and all the issues I had with the old OS are history.

I'd like to thank the forum. I got many good tips from all of you and I find this an incredible resource. You need to start a facebook group. More people need to be able to find this.

Thanks again.
DC

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you.

BTW, the only reason you would need to remove ei.cfg is if you did not download the correct version to match your product key. For example, if you needed Home Starter, since there are no links to Home Starter versions, you would instead download any 32-bit W7 version, delete the ei.cfg file, and then the resultant iso would be a 32-bit multi-version capable of installing Home Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate.

Ask a Question