.NET Framework 4 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello, after the windows update for .net framework 4 for windows 7 ultimate x64, I was unable to run some game application such as Aion. I get this error when i try to open the launcher:

"To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:
v4.030319"

Even though .net framework 4 is installed, my system won't detect it for some reason.

I tried reinstalling, that didn't work. I also tried to going to control panel -> admin tools-> services and start the .net

framework 4 x64 service but I get error 1053 :

"Windows could not start the Microsoft .net Framework NGEN

v4.030319_X64 service on Local COmputer.

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request ina timely fashion."

I also tried reformatting and installing it after a clean boot, same error occured though. Is there any solution for this???

.net framework 4 works fine on my x86 laptop so I am suspecting win x64 to be at fault, but people from other forums said they have no issue so I dont know what the problem is.

Thanks for the help guys

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's strange that you are still getting this error after a clean install - which other applications give you the same error?

Does installing .Net Framework 4 using the standalone installer help?:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...bd-25c1-4fc0-919f-b21f31ab88b7&displaylang=en

As it's a clean install, I can't imagine running "sfc /scannow" would do anything - but it may be worth a shot in case one of the subsequent application installs has changed anything. This command will scan your system for non-standard/corrupt system files and attempt to fix them:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-uk

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
(Ian, he said a clean boot, not a clean install.)

You should consider uninstalling the update in Control Panel \ Programs and Features

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
(Ian, he said a clean boot, not a clean install.)
Yeah, I was a bit confused about that as he mentioned "I also tried reformatting and installing it after a clean boot", so I guessed it was a fresh install if it was formatted? Perhaps it's a mixup in terminology, or maybe it's just too early on a Sunday morning for my brain to be in the right gear :lol:.

Reaction score
That's strange that you are still getting this error after a clean install - which other applications give you the same error?

Does installing .Net Framework 4 using the standalone installer help?:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...bd-25c1-4fc0-919f-b21f31ab88b7&displaylang=en

As it's a clean install, I can't imagine running "sfc /scannow" would do anything - but it may be worth a shot in case one of the subsequent application installs has changed anything. This command will scan your system for non-standard/corrupt system files and attempt to fix them:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-uk
i had same problem with you.. with same OS and for 64 bit processor ... have you tried 32 bit for that application? i haven't try this coz.. some of them advised to use 64 bit ... wich is quite good to run .. but more of the games arent ready for the framwork of service pack of win7 64-bit....

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
This thread is over 16 mos old.

There a very few games (excluding old 16-bit) that cannot run in 64-bit and if they utilize .NET 4.0 then they are definitely newer games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question