Need help with monitor

Reaction score
I did a clean install of Windows 7 from XP. Now I cannot get the resolution to change on my monitor. I have tried updating drivers but it still won't work.

My computer is a Dell Optiplex 160L and the monitor is a Proview Pro 458.

Can anyone help me fix this?

Thanks,

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Is it an LCD or CRT monitor? Did you "Right Click" on the desktop and go to "Resolution" tab?

Proview's website doesn't even list the monitor anymore.

Do you have a driver for it?

Reaction score
It is an LCD Monitor. I have sent an email to Proview and have not received a response yet.

I did right click the desktop. The screen comes up to set the resolution but there are not choices to change to. Also it just lists 16 colors.

Reaction score
Hi JerryofWV - Welcome to w7forums

Are you looking for graphics drivers for Windows 7*?
The Microsoft Windows 7* operating system (OS) supports two different graphics driver models: the Windows* Display Driver Model (WDDM 1.0 & 1.1) and the older Windows* XP Driver Model (XPDM). WDDM drivers provide the 3D graphical user interface experience to users. XPDM drivers provide an interface that visually resembles the Windows XP user interface and do not support Windows 7 OS premium features such as the Microsoft Aero* user interface.

Only XPDM drivers** are available for the following older Intel® graphics controllers:
  • Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family
  • Intel® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family
  • Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller
  • Intel® 82852/82855 Graphics Controller
  • Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller
  • Intel® 82830M Graphics Controller
  • Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller
  • Intel® 82810 Graphics Controller

Image found here - http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/op160L/en/ug/smtabout.htm#1189371

You don't have the option for upgrading to a PCIe or AGP card as you don't have the slots.

Ask a Question