Motherboard ?

Reaction score
Hey guys !!!

i need help !! gonna buy a motherboard ... but i still thinking what brand should i get My Options Are .. Asus , Msi , ECS

My proccessor is Intel Core i5 3470 .. my Ram is Kingston Hyber blue DDr3 8gb 1600mhz

any suggestion ?

Reaction score
Depends on WHY you need a new motherboard.

If it is meant to be an "upgrade" for "bigger and better things", I have no suggestions for you.

If it is because the old is , well old and not working correctly, I would suggest that you contact your computer manufacturer and try to purchase a model that is designed for your computer. That way, there will be no compatibility or other conflicts issues.

Bear in mind that a new motherboard is considered as a new computer. You will have to re-install your OS and everything. A motherboard that is designed for your computer by the same computer manufacturer will save you a lot of heart burns.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents. Stay away from ECS. Asus and MSI are good. . Asrock boards have come a long way and may save you a few sheckles. Maybe look into Gigabyte and EVGA.

Reaction score
Asus is best among the three brands that you have mentioned. The important question is that why you want to upgrade your motherboard.
Change your motherboard according to your requirements that what kind of programs and games do you play.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
If you are simply upgrading, what do you hope to gain from a new motherboard? Unless it has a feature or something specific that your current one does not, you won't see a performance increase from just buying a newer chipset or higher-end motherboard. For gaming performance, you'd be better off upgrading the GPU instead.

As far as brands go... ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI are genuinely considered to be the top three in the market.

Reaction score
Thanks kougar :) ... but i still have one question ... Ati Radeon Or Nvidia ?.. budget no prob

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Thanks kougar :) ... but i still have one question ... Ati Radeon Or Nvidia ?.. budget no prob
Whichever ya want! It especially depends on which games you have or want, since AMD and NVIDIA offer completely different game bundles at the moment... specially marked AMD cards have BF4 for instance.

Ask a Question