SOLVED Modern Warfare 2 unplayable

Reaction score
Would provide a screenshot but Im too pissed off.
Basically I cant do anything with MW2, when I load the game it loads fine, goes to main menu....except all the text is ****ED. Its not even close to a language its just pixels here and there, and often not even showing that, I only know its there because when i hover over it the hover colour changes.
I assume its a gfx problem, but i meet the minimum requirements....
any ideas?!?!?!?!

EDIT = screenshot.

Found an apparent fix, an update of graphics drivers and W7codec 2.1.0. They didnt work, unsuprisingly. The main issue with updating the drivers is that they are WDDM, meaning i cant forcefully install or reinstall any drivers over them, they remain WDDM version. Uninstalling or disabling simply black screens.

Apparently CCC 9.1 works for X1950 cards on W7, however when i install it dosent actually install anything, no CCC, no drivers, only thing that i see in the various ATI folders is peripherals like support folders and the like. It seems like W7 automatically deletes the CCC and DD folders. Now im looking for a way to force them ontop of the WDDM, however what with the screen turning off as soon as its disabled or uninstalled, i dont know what to do.

ANY HELP would be appreciated.

1 more edit : Trying out the Legacy 9.8 drivers offered on the AMD website...

Last edited:
Reaction score
9.8 drivers worked, they also made my crossfire work once again. woot.

Reaction score
faun is that the Legacy 9.8 driver download?

I'm curious because if so, Others need to know it's not the standard 9.8 driver download that worked with your X1950 cards.

Reaction score
faun is that the Legacy 9.8 driver download?

I'm curious because if so, Others need to know it's not the standard 9.8 driver download that worked with your X1950 cards.

"ANY HELP would be appreciated.

1 more edit : Trying out the Legacy 9.8 drivers offered on the AMD website... "

I had it in my first post. But yes to reiterate its the Legacy ones for W7 and not the standard ones.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you've got this working now faun, MW2 is such a good game :D

Ask a Question