Miners rescued

Reaction score
At present SIX miners have been rescued in Chile. Absolutely wonderful news.

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
I saw the first man rescued live on TV then had to go to bed.

What these 33 men had to endure is remarkable.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Well, they are used to being underground - that went in their favour. But, nevertheless, the threat of dying etc!! I don't think I could have kept being so cheerful as they looked!!

Last edited:

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
These poor guys must be terrified. Geez, they're stuck underground, risking their lives... And now they're stuck.

What these 33 men had to endure is remarkable.
Rather horrible than remarkable! :O

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
This is really great news - it's hard to imagine what these guys have gone through! What a lucky (or unlucky!) bunch!

Reaction score
As of 4:27 PM EDT, 22 miners have been rescued. Truly an astounding and heroic feat accomplished by the Chileans.

Update: 9:04 PM EDT - ALL 33 trapped miners have been rescued within just 22 hours. The only remaining people in the mine are five volunteers consisting of paramedics and rescue workers.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I like miner #21. His wife of 31 years boycotted the joyful reunion because his mistress of 10 years was going to be there. (Some reports say they are essentially separated but he invited them both) :lol:

They are all out now.

Last edited:

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
The Chileans did an outstanding job with this rescue. From start to finish, everything was planned right and there was no glitches.

Great Job..Kudos

Reaction score
The mine owners need bringing to book, and if they cannot pay for the rescue they should be bankrupted.

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more and I feel the same for oil spills in the gulf.

Don't forget also Bhopal in India, and all the American oil spills in parts of Africa. I am not Anti American, but they went way over the top with accusations regarding the gulf. BP is about 40% American owned, and the work was being done by an American company on behalf of BP.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
After high school in 1970 - 1971, I used to work on the 2015 foot level in the San Manual, Arizona Magma copper mine - at the time, the worlds largest underground copper mine. Good money. Hard, dirty work. Cave-ins are very rare in copper mines because it is generally found in hard rock - unlike coal, where everything is soft, plus you have to worry about gases.

I was working a chute one day and I got my foot stuck when some big rocks shifted and I could not reach my hook or doublejack. I was trapped for a whole 15 minutes until my line boss saw my helmet light signal. It was pretty unnerving and even though there was 80 miles of railroad track on that level alone, I felt like I was trapped in a tiny, concrete encased closet. Those guys were stuck for more than 2 weeks before they knew (heard the drilling) help was on the way. No doubt this will haunt them for the rest of their lives, but they are all heroes in my book.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I'm glad to see they all made it out alive, now the really hard part begins....the adpting to life as a celebrity. I know everyone is excited/happy/exuberant/ect but please give these guys some room to heal and recover.