MGI won't fly on 64bits.

Reaction score
New member says hello to everyone. Just bought a new 'puter with Win7 and on initial set up I think I recall it asking if I wanted to go with 64 or 32 bits, so I said 64. Now for my problem: I have an old version of MGI Photosuite used many years now, at least 12 years old, and worked fine with Vista. However, I used the CD to install and the pop-up box said no go on 64 bits, try 32. So I wiped the drive clean using the system restore partition on the HDD thinking I would have the option to install as 32 bits this time around but it didn't give me a choice and installed 64 bit Win7. Didn't get a CD with Win7 on it so all I can do is use the recovery partition which I accessed by holding down F11 while booting-restarting. NOW I hold down F11 and it won't go into recovoery and boots on into Win7. Also have MGI Photosuite II but it won't install either.

So where does this leave me, out in the cold because if I DO get Win7 installed as 32 bit I don't know if it will work then. No intense use of this new rig no gaming or heavy apps so 32 bit would work for me if I could just get Win7 installed as 32 bit instead of 64. Nice 'puter I bought at a good price, but if it won't run MGI older version I have then I will return it. Your help muchly appreciated, thanks for your time to read and have a nice day.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
What version of Windows 7 did you get? Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate?

If you have either Home Premium or Pro, the go the this page: https://www.w7forums.com/windows-7-iso-official-direct-download-links-t2910.html

There you can download the 32 bit versions of Home Premium or Pro, and then burn them to a DVD with ImgBurn at a 4x burning speed.

Your Windows Product Key is good for either the 32 bit or 64 bit version, just remember ONLY ONE INSTALL per key.

Ask a Question