Keep receiving ads by DealScout ??

Reaction score
Two days ago, I started receiving pop-up ads powered by "DealScout" while suring online using Firefox.AdBlockPlus cannot stop them. I did a google search and found some posts (one of the posts found here) stating that DealScout was adware and should be removed quickly. I have tried removing this adware manually, but not succeeded for some unknown reason. I do not want to use the tools recommended, since I am not familiar with them. So, is there any other effetive way for me to remove these annoying ads? Thanks!

Reaction score
DealScout is not a good thing, similar to Discovery App malware I accidentally ran into last week. I spent two days in the weekend to figure it out! It could change your DNS settings. So you may need to reset it:
Open Control Panel, click Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center>Change Adapter Settings.
Double click on Local Area Connection or Wifi Connection.
In the Status pop-up, click Properties.
Under the Networking tab, scroll down and choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click on Properties.
Check 'Obtain an IP address automatically' and 'Obtain DNS server address automatically' if your computer does not belong to a company or you do not have a custom DNS. Otherwise you need to reset the address which applies to you. Once you finish, click “OK” and close the windows.
Hope this helps!

Ask a Question