Kaspersky Anti virus

Reaction score
I cannot install Windows 7 upgrade to my Vista. It tells me I have a Kaspersky Anti Virus that needs to be uninstalled. I don't have a Kaspersky program! Please help.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I would recommend performing a clean install of Windows 7, rather than upgrading directly from Vista. To do this, you'd need to backup all of your files and setting manually which requires some extra work.

Do you have any Anti-Virus or security package software installed? It could be that you have a rebranded application which is detected as Kaspersky, as ISP's sometimes bundle their own version.

Reaction score
I would rather not do a full version of Windows as opposed to upgrade as I don't have any of my programs with me. We are on vacation of another month, and all my original programs are at home. I do have a security program - Telus. Any other suggestions?

Reaction score
I would rather not do a full version of Windows as opposed to upgrade as I don't have any of my programs with me. We are on vacation of another month, and all my original programs are at home. I do have a security program - Telus. Any other suggestions?
You can always try disabling your AV suite then try the upgrade. if not, I would uninstall the AV suite reboot then install the upgrade. There are several free AV applications you can use till you get back to your applications, Good Luck!

Ask a Question