internet explorer 11 new

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone tried explore 11? I'm thinking of trying a new browser. any one have any suggestion on what you like to use. I use chrome now

Reaction score
For Win 7 users, the IE11 is a "preview" version.
There will be glitches as expected. Some websites may not be compatible with IE11 Preview.

It was almost like yesterday that Win 7 users were having many issues with the "new" IE10. I remember a lot of users complained about not able to login to their online banking, etc etc, and they were screaming for help to revert back to IE9.

Based on such precedents,I would wait for the "final release" before diving in.

IE11 is part of Win 8.1 rtm which I am using, and I am not able to view Dragons Den previous episodes from cbc.ca.
I have to use my other computer with Win 7, IE10 to watch the episodes.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
davidhk, You could probably fool Dragons Den by changing your UA string.
Try the UAPick add-in that, if it installs into IE11, should let you "be" any IE version.

As for me, I prefer Firefox, but I've used Netscape, Opera, Chrome, and IE. Everyone should try several and pick your own favorite.

Reaction score
Try the UAPick add-in that, if it installs into IE11, should let you "be" any IE version.

As for me, I prefer Firefox, but I've used Netscape, Opera, Chrome, and IE. Everyone should try several and pick your own favorite.
Thank you.
I wonder if you "trick" will work, but, I'll give it a try.

I had tried the F12 "work-around", but it did not work........
press F12 Developer Tools > go to Emulation Mode > at User agent string, click the pointer and select Internet Explorer 10.
That did not work.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't know how much different the add-in would be then but, if you try it please report back. I'd be interested in the results.

Reaction score

Update.............
UAPick add-in installed > add-in enabled > went to Dragons' Den site > Tools > Set UA String > selected IE10, Windows 7 > clicked save changes.

Did not work.

Image 2.png

UAPick.png

Image 2.png

Reaction score
I am using Win 8.1 Pro.
As far as I know, Adobe Flash Player is included in the install of 8.1
Also if I attempted to install the latest Flash Player, the system would not accept it.

I am beginning to suspect that the culprit is the Win 8.1
Some sites are not compatible with 8.1, not the IE11.

It has gone off topic.
I'll stop at this junction.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
That message says Adobe Flash Player is the issue. Flash player is NOT automatically installed with any version of IE [update] in Windows 7 [/update], it is an add-in you will need to install. Silverlight is Microsoft's "too little too late" competition for Adobe's flash player and as far as I know Silverlight is not installed with any version of IE either, though it will slip in as a "recommended" windows update. So the issue with that website seems to be a need to get an acceptable version of flash running in IE11, not that you are running IE11.

You are talking about your experiences using IE 11 and they are issues the OP could end up facing as well. If the OP has specific questions for you, since you have tried IE11, perhaps they will return and ask them.

NOTE: Updated to reflect david's correction because Flash IS, in fact, installed with windows 8

Last edited:
Reaction score
I saw that message too, and I went to check what I have in my Win 8.1 Pro IE11
Both Adobe Flash Player v11 and Silverlight 5.1.20913.0 are installed.

Image 6.png

Image 7.png

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I cannot believe that! :confused:

Does this mean Microsoft admitted defeat? It's even updated through Windows Updates!

From what that says it must only be in Windows 8 but still ... to quote Vizzini from The Princess Bride, "It's Inconceivable!". :eek:

Reaction score
I'm new at this, so what is a browser? I'm trying to learn all about this I am dumb about this stuff and want to learn, like you said I need to try some of them and see what I like any suggestion on what I'm looking for?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
A browser is a piece of software used to browse webpages; examples are Internet Explorer, FireFox, or Chrome.

Reaction score
ok thank you. should I try them one at a time and see what I find and like My be I can learn something about them

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't know. You might want to get more experience before you install a lot of software. Many programs install toolbars and/or add auto-update programs to your start-up and all those things slow down your computer a little. I try to keep my system very lean on programs that auto update. It is important to read things when you install: deselect the set this as my homepage, add this toolbar, and automatically check for updates options.

I would say if you want to try something other than IE than try Chrome or Firefox.

Reaction score
Use IE 10 or Chrome.. Update Flash Player, Java and Microsoft Silverlight for smooth running. Do not use 3rd party tool-bars and extensions.

Ask a Question