How to remove a Calendar in Windows Live Mail with Win.7?

Reaction score
Hi:
Unlike Outlook Express 6 with XP, there is not enough space to read in Windows Live Mail with Windows 7.

Whenever I need to read a whole sentence, I have to use a curser in order to read a cut-off sentence at the right, because a Calendar at the right sitting. I do not need a Calendar.

Is there any way for me to get rid of Calendcar at the right?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Reaction score
Selecting "View" then "Calender Pane", should toggle the calendar view.

If you don't see the menu bar press the "Alt" key for a temporary view.

Another thing that has helped me is placing the reading pane at the bottom.

Last edited:

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Have you got all the updates Cliff
I have googled and cannot find an explanation, but for some reason I have the old menu bar in Windows live mail 2011
I've tried every option in there, and cannot delete it, or find a key to install it???

For info:
Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3508.1109)
Copyright © 2010 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Mail.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dave the picture you posted, is the new ribbon interface. I'm not sure what you are asking.

Here is my version:
  • Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3508.1109)
  • Copyright © 2010 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

This is the old Menubar:

Reaction score
delete calender pane

Just click on 'calender pane' to remove. Chrisshu

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Hi chrisshu. Welcome to the forums. This thread is a little old now and has been concluded.

Reaction score
Hi:
Unlike Outlook Express 6 with XP, there is not enough space to read in Windows Live Mail with Windows 7.

Whenever I need to read a whole sentence, I have to use a curser in order to read a cut-off sentence at the right, because a Calendar at the right sitting. I do not need a Calendar.

Is there any way for me to get rid of Calendcar at the right?

Thanks for your help in advance.
I know this is awfully late to revive an ancient thread, but... let me ask IS THERE ANY WAY TO TURN OFF THE CALENDAR IN WINDOWS LIVE MAIL 2011 _ENTIRELY_?

I don't use the calendar in WLM, I have never used the calendar in WLM, and I don't want to use the calendar in WLM.
Until recently I was content to have just the little calendar icon at the bottom of the screen, and just never click on it.
But lately I have been plagued with the infamous "Your calendar contains corrupt data" -- which says WLM is closing, but actually it doesn't actually stop the program. So I have to run ProcessExplorer to kill the crippled wlm executable, then I can go delete the calendar file (which WLM always creates and I never use), so that I can run WLM.

Ask a Question