Hey there guys

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey hey hey :)
It's been a little time since I last came here. Glad to see the community going strong! (And seeing all the noobish english mistakes I made in my previous posts)

Sadly, I think this is pretty much the end of Windows for me. I'm constantly using Linux or Unix computers; I'm always using Terminals. Damn, cmd sucks so hard now. I'm coding some apps in Python & Node.js. Server software, which sadly won't work on Windows. Why does anything with a terminal have to be so awesome? Why can't you type stuff like this on Windows?

Code:
# Update the system AND ALL THE APPS. No GUI, exe and constant alerts crap in here.
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade 

# Install some of my favorite software. No need to download tons of .exe's or .msi's that have to be run one by one... Well, APT actually takes care of doing that (downloading and running the .debs)
apt-get install python3 apache2 php5 nodejs

Ahhh well. Enough of my ranting and trying to convert you guys to the awesomeness (wait a second... I just did it again :p )

What's up with you guys?

Also, I'm baffled. 687 new content? What happened while I wasn't here? A spam war? :p It never got over ~100 while I was here :-/

Last edited:

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Hey youngblood!

Good to here from ya. You're doing yourself a favor learning what you are. Keep your nose to the grindstone and the world will be your oyster. (escargot for you).:)

Just don't become one of those leopard cats.;)

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Haha thanks :)
I prefer oysters to snails though... Mmmm...

Ask a Question