HELP!! need a simple encript, decript program for Win 7 home 64 bit

K

KG

Yes I have googled and yahooed to no avail. What I would like is a simple encryption, un
encryption program that will allow me to right click on a shortcut pointing to a file and encrypt
or decrypt the file then open or close it. I have tried Ax Crypt, 7Zip, FGU, Gui4PGP, Fpgp4id.zip,
RC4SE.DLL, PGPfreeware 7.0.3.exe, meosetup.exe, and SafeHouseExplorerSetup.exe. While some of the
above actually work in Win 7 Home 64 bit, I have found none of them capable of simply encoding or
decoding a file through a shortcut. I used Rc4Se.dll with our old Win XP system with excellent
results, but it Win 7 will not allow it to install. I realize I could upgrade to Windows 7 pro but
that is a reticules cost and effort to just encode a simple file. I would prefer a free or low
cost program if possible. Thank you all for your assistance.
Thank You (e-mail address removed)

It's easy to think outside the box, when you have a cutting torch.

To reply to this email please remove the AT
after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

T

Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Yes I have googled and yahooed to no avail. What I would like is a simple encryption, un
encryption program that will allow me to right click on a shortcut pointing to a file and encrypt
or decrypt the file then open or close it. I have tried Ax Crypt, 7Zip, FGU, Gui4PGP, Fpgp4id.zip,
RC4SE.DLL, PGPfreeware 7.0.3.exe, meosetup.exe, and SafeHouseExplorerSetup.exe. While some of the
above actually work in Win 7 Home 64 bit, I have found none of them capable of simply encoding or
decoding a file through a shortcut. I used Rc4Se.dll with our old Win XP system with excellent
results, but it Win 7 will not allow it to install. I realize I could upgrade to Windows 7 pro but
that is a reticules cost and effort to just encode a simple file. I would prefer a free or low

Have you tried TrueCrypt? Best of the best.

- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

L

Leala

Hi,
Have a look in there:
http://lists.thedatalist.com/pages/Encryption.htm

P

Peter Jason

I have used this for years, and now I use it with Windows 7.
http://www.pc-encrypt.com/_site/ke/index.mhtml

Works very fast for files under 20Mb in size.

L

lmandrel

Look at PowerDesk Pro, I think it's at Vcom!

K

KG

SNIP

I thank you all. I will give your suggestions a try and will post results here if you wish.

T

thanatoid

I have never used any, but you could try a few from this page:

http://freeware.intrastar.net/encryption.htm

This one especially looks new enough to work on Win7 just fine:

http://www.securecrypt.co.nr/

The last two on the bottom look OK as well, but while the
rightclickencrypter site is useless at best, you CAN actually
get the program from the DOWNLOAD link on the intrastar page:

http://www.starfortsoftware.com/files/right-click-
encrypter/right-click-encrypter.zip

Since there is practically ZERO info for this one, you might