going from 64 back to 32

Reaction score
I just bough a new pc GATEWAY it came with windows 7 install at 64 bits I really need to change this to 32 bits as I have expensive programs that would not run on 64 is there an easy way of doing this change from 64 to 32 without reformatting the HD and loosing all the driver and all existing in it

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
What kind of programs? Maybe you can rum them in compatibility mode.

And welcome to the board Hebert!

Reaction score
thanks I have a program call zoom is for my wife actually she needs everything magnified to a 160 power for her to see it you see she is legally blind and a new program will run over 1000 and can not afford it thanks for the welcome

Reaction score
Hi hebert55 - Welcome to w7forums

Have you tried installing your programs with UAC turned off?
Read more here - https://www.w7forums.com/configure-windows-7-uac-t1553.html

Also have you tried what Kalario mentioned?
Read more here - https://www.w7forums.com/application-compatibility-mode-t314.html

If you was only having troubles with one or two apps I might would think this was normal. But as you are making it sound as if you have many apps something has got to be blocking them from running that they are not programmed to deal with. I would say that the UAC is the biggest cause to programs not installing or running. This maybe great in the future but for now when installing older programs its best if disabled and once the apps are installed you can turn UAC back on and see if the apps will at least run with it turned on. I myself leave UAC turned off.

Reaction score
ok thanks for the input I will try UAC and see if this solves my problems have a great day

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Have you had a look at the Windows 7 Ease of Access Center. There are many tools built into Windows 7 for people with disabilities. (You access this through the Start Orb and select Control Panel and look for Ease of Access Center

Ask a Question