Fresh install of win 64. Instant BSOD.

Reaction score
So, it appears my computer that I freshly built back in August literally has a ticking time bomb. It ran fine for the first few months but lately, especially during sc2, I was getting one BSOD after another. It got the point where I couldn't even get into windows without it BSOD on me.

So, I rma'd my Mobo, they sent it back saying nothing wrong with it, and updated the bios for me. Fine, I thought, So i plugged everything back in, reinstalled windows, and whammo, first thing that happens is blue screens!

I removed all the ram and currently running with just 1 stick of 2gb of G.Skill Ripjaw ram. System has been the most stable with just 1 stick of ram then it ever has been (well, since I first put it all together)

However, Ive run a memtest86 with all 4 sticks in for about 15 hours (up to 8 or 9 passes I believe) and it reported not a single error. So I don't get it. I'm literally banging my head on the wall right now.

Is my mobo just not configured properly for 8 gigs of ram? I can't even run 4gb btw, still blue screens. Just 1 stick at a time seems to work. Anyways, heres are the dump files, can anyone interpret what's going on here? Driver? hardware? I'm so dumbfounded atm. I'm tempted to just rma EVERYTHING and start over, lol.

I've attached dxdialog for system specs. Man, ANY help would be greatly appreciated. I just need some direction here, I feel really lost on where to check or what do from here.

Reaction score
Hey, you are in the right place here for help. Welcome.

1) Update Realtek wireless driver:

RTL8192su RTL8192su.sys Wed Aug 19 23:00:10 2009

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...peID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true#RTL8192SU

---------

Also remove and and all external storage devices such as USB sticks or drives.

Attach new crashes after the two things above, should they happen.

Also then, post a screen shot of CPU-Z memory and spd tabs.

Update the motherboard bios to newest.

Reaction score
Thanks for the response.

Blue screened in safe mode last night, but no memory dump file came with it. Still shows the same 2.

About installing that driver, I downloaded from the link you showed, went to update it but windows "determines" I already have the most up-to-date driver and doesn't do anything. If I uninstall the "Frys Wireless G FR-54USB" adapter, do a "scan for hardware changes" it just reinstall it with the same old driver. How do I completely uninstall it so I can use the downloaded driver?

On a side note, I ran memtest64 with just this 1 single stick of ram, 17 passes, no errors. I reboot the system, get to the login screen and the entire screen garbles up (all these horizontals/vertical lines, its like it froze at the transition from login screen to background) no blue screen followed, I had to hard reboot. I rebooted into safe mode, blue screened in safe mode but it didn't say why, usually it states a reason like "irq_less_not_equal" etc. It didn't say anything and no memory dump came with it. Second time thats happened. If this is hardware based how do I know which hardware is causing this?

Last edited:
Reaction score
You attempted install incorrectly:

Extract the driver download to a folder. Open device manager. Right click the wireless adapter. Choose Update Driver Software. Browse My Computer. Let me pick. Have disk. Browse.

Now navigate to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf.

Hit ok then next and it will install.

----------

Or simply click the setup.exe in the install folder that was extracted.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Okay cool, that worked.

Well, here goes nothing.. should I individually check each ram stick with memtest64? If none come up with any errors, is that a sure sign that my ram is okay or should I try anything else?

Reaction score
I'd simply use the machine for now and see if it is stable or not. Please let us know.

You can post the CPU-Z screen shots.

Reaction score
Ran fine for a few days, then randomly froze and crashed during SC2. After a serious of reboots into blue screens, I finally got here.

Sometimes my system won't even post after a blue screen, and the fans spin erradicaly. I just bought a new PSU (coolmaster 650w) so I'm pretty sure I have enough power. Is my mobo going out? I I re-seated one of the RAM sticks into slot 4 and now I'm finally here.

Anyways, heres the dump files. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

Ask a Question