Dual Monitor Users?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are there many dual monitor users here?

After many years of wanting to upgrade to monitors, I've finally got a new desk and can fit two 23" Dell U2312HM's side-by-side. There're running off a GTX 560, but I mainly game just with a single monitor.

Are there any software apps, tweaks or tools that you could recommend to make the most of a dual monitor setup? :)

Reaction score
I've been a dual monitor user for years now. I had one go down not to long ago and let me tell you I couldn't believe how much I used a dual monitor setup. With my new GPU I got some time back, I'm looking forward to adding a third one.

I've used both of these....and ended up purchasing display fusion. For me, I found it easer to use display fusion.

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

http://www.displayfusion.com/

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Not I... I still prefer having one giant, high quality screen. 24" and smaller ones are dirt cheap now, but I also prefer using non-TN panels so have held off...

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I have a dual monitor setup and I'm very happy with it. My main monitor is my iMac's built-in 21.5" monitor, and the secondary monitor is a 24" Acer which doubles as a monitor (separate input, I just switch between input modes as needed) for my Win 7 machine. I don't use 3rd party applications for any dual monitor purposes, so I can't recommend any.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I've played with dual monitors briefly on my rig with the 560ti but ended up needing the 2nd one for another thing I was throwing together with spare parts. I thought it was cool to have the browser open on 1 screen and everything else on the other for example.

On the other hand, I have 4 rigs sharing 1 monitor with a KVM switch. But that's the DC junkie in me.:D

Shintaro

Reaction score
I have used dual monitors for a very long time. I started out with a Trident Card and a monochrome card. Do you remember the VESA cards? I used the mono for debug.

Anyway I still use dual monitors, one for running things like Visual Studio or Windbg in full screen and the other screen for documentation/browser.

I generally only use the tools that come with my Nvidia card, but I have used Sysinternals; Desktops.exe

I wouldn't be without them.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys :).

I've just taken a look at the DisplayFusion link and it does some nifty things (namely dual taskbars and split wallpapers), so I'll give that a try.

I'm hoping in the long run that I'll be doing less ALT-Tabbing... as I must use that key combo every 10 seconds... It's usual to have about 10+ browser tabs, Outlook, etc. all open at once. :eek:

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys :).

I've just taken a look at the DisplayFusion link and it does some nifty things (namely dual taskbars and split wallpapers), so I'll give that a try.

I'm hoping in the long run that I'll be doing less ALT-Tabbing... as I must use that key combo every 10 seconds... It's usual to have about 10+ browser tabs, Outlook, etc. all open at once. :eek:

I know...kinda of a pain aint it. Just think of what you can do with 3 monitors....looking forward to my third one to complete my ensemble and in conjunction with Eyefinity through AMD, gaming is at a whole new level.

Ask a Question