Deleting a Line Break in MS Word

Reaction score
I google'd for many solutions to this issue. Funny how none of them worked.

Anyway I have Word 2003, though I doubt the concept of making or deleting (if even possible) line breaks because any different.

The kind of line break I'm talking about is the kind where you would type several underscores in a row, then press Enter, and then you see a big bold line going across the page.

THAT for some reason can never get deleted, once you copy over some text from a Word doc. that had a line break somewhere in it, into another blank Word doc.

I doubt I'll find a solution but doesn't hurt to ask.

Reaction score
The kind of line break I'm talking about is the kind where you would type several underscores in a row, then press Enter, and then you see a big bold line going across the page.
I just tried this in Word 2010. I even use the minus sign and created a thinner line across the page. Both thinner and thicker line could be backspaced or deleted for removal. I'm sorry I can't help with Word 2003.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
In word if you want a line across the page just use the Insert Line feature. Word has numerous shapes including a simple line. See HERE

Oh nevermind, I see, you want to delete something. Switch to layout view and the line should be there as something you can delete.

Last edited:

Ask a Question