Computer lags at night?

Reaction score
My laptop lags every night and I'm not sure why? beginning around 5PM my whole computer slows down and gets slower with each hour being barely usable around 11PM but if I leave it on all night while I sleep, it will be fine in the next morning at 6AM but does the same thing come 5PM the next day. the lag prevents the computer from doing most things like playing a video, mp3, or even open a folder. Firefox will blend two pages due to the lag when I switch tabs until I minimize then maximize. even typing lags.
it's like clockwork, does the same slowdowns, same degrade rate, same EVERYTHING, everyday!

I Googled the problem, found a few other people with the same issue, it was even in Google's auto-complete, not really any answers though. Can you provide any?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Disconnect your computer from the internet (unplug your LAN cable or turn off your wi-fi) and see if the problem still exists. It could simply be that your various software is updating (Windows Updates, Adobe updates, Google updates, anti-virus updates, etc).

I would install Process Explorer and look to see what programs are running on your computer.

And of course, scan your computer for viruses.

Ask a Question