Can't activate Windows 7 7264

Reaction score
Things never go to plan do they :lol:

I downloaded and installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 build 7264 x64 and used a patch tool from the same torrent to try and activate it. No luck :(

It's not long till it goes RTM so I am just going to keep rolling over activation for as long as I can.

As soon as they open up UK pre-ordering I'll get a few copies from Amazon which should arrive just in time.

Have others had problems using 7264?

Reaction score
Nope. Zero issues with it here. Makes me happy in my pants, actually.

Issues aplenty when I try to do that mod, however. So I don't try anymore.

Hmmmm......I don't remember that mod coming packaged with the iso. Did you check the checksums on the iso?

7264 x64 ISO Checksums(from original source of leak):

CRC32: 05F87B79
MD5: 670818DB149170C652414E1F75E9390C
SHA1: C6FE386E97944511820291F515A8CBB3DDA329A6

Fastsum is a good hash checker.

I worries me if they added that mod, they might have added other "bad" stuff to it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Activating build 7264 appears to be very hit or miss. I ran a poll on another site, which I've posted here. As you can see, the installation method or patch type seems to have no bearing on the overall success at activation. At this point I believe that success depends on what build you copied the activation files from.

Attachments

Reaction score
Satchmo, it was just the ISO and a small zip containing the patch. The ISO checked out ok at the time, so I will try using it again but not using the patch I got. Downloading FastSum now as I normally use MD5 checker, so I'll see which is better.

Looks like I need to try another install with a new version. That poll shows that most people opted for manually activation, so that is what I'll try next. Thanks Thrax.

Ask a Question