bearpaw 1200 HP scanner driver

loz

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a driver for this scanner. I have tried using vista drivers but none of them like the new windows version.

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Ya, if you've got the latest drivers, then make sure you try compatibility mode. :D Had to do that with my sound drivers.

loz

Reaction score
Is this your scanner
View attachment 317

If your answer is yes! Its not a HP and you can goto Mustek BearPaw 1200
The scanner is a hewlett packard Diamond 1200 plus but windows always loads bearpaw drivers which worked in win98, XP and vista. I have looked at this site and they dont have windows 7 drivers. the only vista driver doesnt install correctly even in compatability mode. Thank you anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The only thing I can come up with now is a Packard Bell Diamond 1200 which is simular to the Mustek BearPaw 1200(Plus). Then another site linking the Hewlett Packard to the Packard Bell Drivers.
Either way it looks as if its going to be XP drivers regardless. The only suggestions I can think of if you dont find a solution is maybe a dual boot option or scanner upgrade

First link - http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=Hewlett+Packard&model=Diamond+1200&bus=any&v=&p=

Second link - http://www.softwaredriverdownload.c...iamond_1200plus_usb_scanner_winxp_driver.html

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Yes, also make sure you're running it as Admin. Try different combinations of Admin and compatibility.

Reaction score
I got packard bell diamond 1200 it's just rubbish, you don't need to bother your self with it,
only think we can do dump it, and never buy from packard again, just replace with new one, that what I have to do with mine.

best solution, hhhhh
regards

Ask a Question