SOLVED Auto Scrolling, I can't control

Reaction score
No matter which browser I use, Bing, Chrome, or Brave. I have windows 7 professional, and have installed all of the important updates. While in Bing for example "Trending on Bing" normally there are thumbnails at the top of the screen and I am usually able to click on any of the ones I am interested in and read, then click another and so on. But recently when my mouse (whether I use my remote mouse or the pad on the laptop) pointer is over the line of thumbnails it begins scrolling automatically and nothing I do can stop it. I have searched for things to do but I have had no luck at all.
I am NOT a computer wiz, but I can find my way around pretty good but this is getting VERY frustrating. Can anyone help? I am sort of afraid to uninstall any windows updates (that was one suggestion I saw during my search for help)

Reaction score
I figured it out. The battery was getting weak in my wireless mouse. Thank God I didn't try changing settings all over the place for how the mouse should work.....WHEW what a relief.

Ask a Question