SOLVED ati graphics driver

Reaction score
recently my laptop blued screened:mad:. i re-installed win7, in the updates theres a driver from microsoft for my ati radeon mobility graphics, i chosed not to install it and after getting all the updates installed, i went on acer website down loaded the driver there. i was looking amd website ran their utility hardware driver finder, it came up with the vista 10.2 driver, i saved the down load, uninstall the acer driver and installed amd's driver with no problem.
i have advanced system care 5, in toolbox theres a driver update, it showed there was a 12.8 version for vista win7 win8, i have that driver saved, just wondering before i try installing it, will it work with no problems, im told acer modifies their drivers so the hardware manufactures driver wont work. acer wants us to have them do that.
this acer aspire came with vista home basic, but i had to many problems with their crap that i went and bought a oem system builders pack of win7 home premium.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Create a restore point and then try it. If there are any problems you simply restart in safe mode and restore the restore point.

Reaction score
installed it last night before i shut it down, works great, can watch hd movies online without it freezing up, now if i can find a new amd 5050e processor and can upgrade the graphics chipset thats embedded to board.
biggest problem with owning a manufacture computer is, when it goes obsolete, they dont bother updating drivers.

Ask a Question