A Handy Guide to Registry Fixes

Reaction score
With a recent W7HP install and all the subsequent third-party installs, I've had BSOD knocking me down several times a day, for several months. Determined to fix it, I already had:

CCleaner
Advanced PC Tweaker
Malwarebytes
and of course, c:chkdsk /f.

None of those did the trick. So, largely from recommendations here and from good old googling, I installed and tried:

Glary Utilities
MemTest86
Regbak
RegSofts
Sysinternals
Ultimate Boot CD
Wise Care 365
And, from a safe boot, c:sfc /scannow

Anyway, I tried a lot more than just those, but again, nothing did the trick. So, desperately googling, I found:

NTREGOPT
NT Registry Optimizer

I shouldn't say this (again), but I will: ever since running that program about a week ago, my ancient PC has not crashed even once. Its schtick is cleaning out the dead spots in the registry, or some such.

I still have all that other stuff which I'm sure is mostly either useless or unnecessary, but I run it all from time to time just to remind my PC who's in charge. And now that I've said that...

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
BSOD problems are more often driver issues (update your drivers) or, in the case of a new build, RAM incompatibility or the settings, such as timing/voltage.

Ask a Question