YouTube: not loading completely

Reaction score
For the past year, YouTube movies will not completely load to see the entire movie. I heard tell that it has something to do with Windows 7? Someone else said it might be the video settings?

Does anyone have any idea as to why YouTube videos do not finish loading? MY Flash player is current, Java is current-nothing outdated.

Appreciate anyone's help that know the answer.

Thanks for your time.

dwdraw2

Shintaro

Reaction score
Could be your internet connection.
Have you tried different browsers?

Reaction score
Check you internet conection or try a browser in safe mode, like firefox. Safe mode allow you to start the browser without complements

Reaction score
Thanks Shintaro for the reply.

I have tried IE, Chrome, and Firefox, they made no difference: but here's what I found since this posting, YouTube made the loading of video's to be intermittently-to be loaded a little at a time. The purpose is so that the videos could not be downloaded to copy to personal computers. I found this information on another forum site, after visiting many.

Many people are having the same problem from what I have found. But it turns out to be something YouTube has done to prevent copying of their videos. It takes all the fun out of going to YouTube to watch a do-it-yourself video to learn something.

For me to watch a 3 minute video, takes about 10 minutes. It loads about three to four times plus the wait times in between the loads. Again, I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. "Google" it and you will see that others are having this problem. One person suggested removing YouTube's cookies-which I did-and it didn't help.

Thanks for your time.

dwdraw2

Shintaro

Reaction score
I suppose they did that, but if it was going to be that slow, one solution might be to go and get a add-on to Firefox, start the download and walk away and make a cup of coffee. Watch it and then delete it.

Just a possible solution.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Shintaro.

I did try an add-on (downloader) from Firefox, and it does work-thanks for your suggestion. The only thing that doesn't work so good is my coffee-any suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

dwdraw2

Ask a Question