XPM File Sharing

Reaction score
Virtual PC Beta and the XP Beta downloaded
Installed this OK...
Works OK..
Internet connection OK...
But can't seem to connect to other hard drives or transfer files either way?
What am I missing.
Can someone enlighten me please:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You might need to set up some network shares to enable file transfer - I'm on holiday at the moment and haven't got Windows 7 with me so I can't walk through it, but perhaps someone else can explain how it works :)

Are any of your host PC drives mapped if you load up explorer within the virtual XP installation?

Reaction score
Virtual pc Beta & XP Beta

Thx for your reply Ian..will be away myself for the nxt few days..have tried myself to set up sharing but no success.. thought they were going to set this up as auto same as hdware & internet etc...so pl someone help:)

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Thx for your reply Ian..will be away myself for the nxt few days..have tried myself to set up sharing but no success.. thought they were going to set this up as auto same as hdware & internet etc...so pl someone help:)
Right-Click Start>Explore>Then it will say, for example, "C on ADMIN-PC" or "F on ADMIN-PC" Which ever one is your native drive letter will be your hard drive. :D:D Hope this helps!

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Betaman hit the answer, but just to check, have you integrated XPM?

I haven't used XPM for a while, but there is a menu selection somewhere (in XP, I believe) to enable integration into the main OS.

This might setup those shares automatically.

Sorry for the dodgy info, it's early......less than 1 cup of coffee in me.....and I'm old......lived through the 1980's....so the memory ain't up to scratch.:dontknow:

Reaction score
Right-Click Start>Explore>Then it will say, for example, "C on ADMIN-PC" or "F on ADMIN-PC" Which ever one is your native drive letter will be your hard drive. :D:D Hope this helps!
Thanks..just back home.. looks like this is the answer and I am getting somewhere now at last:)

Well I seem to have overcome most of my problems and Win7..64bit with the Virtual pc now is showing up as a real possibility for my requirements..been a bit of a learning curve..Should anyone wan't some help I am only to happy to share my findings.. :):)

Last edited:

Ask a Question