XP PC cant map Windows & folders

Reaction score
I have a new Win7 64 bit pc as my main pc which is used as a fiel server for the rest of my family. I have 2 Vista 32 bit pcs that i have been able to map the win7 public folder onto no problem. However my XP macines are getting an access denied error when I try to mp the folder.

Initially they could see the pc name within the workgroup but get on further. i made some changes to the sharing of the User folder by turnnig off 128bit enctyption and password protection. That gave access ot the rpinter and can now drill down to the User folder when mapping. However I cant get down any further to the actual folders I need within Public. I tried going into permissions on the Public folder under security. Everyone has all boxes checked in black. Users however I changed by editting and ticking full control but some of the options are ticked in grey rather than black? Under Advanced everythnig says ful lcontrol except Users which is read & execute. I do not seem to be able to change this to full even within the adminstators login.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

mike

Ask a Question