XBMC Home theater software

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else uses this or not, but it's a pretty nice FREE program. I had heard about it probably about a year or so ago, but just now tried it out within the last month or so. I was surprised. So far it's played every video file I have tried, with out any codec problems. It has a nice design and GUI that takes a few minutes to get used to, but once you do it's a breeze. Optional plugins for more features and is avalible on multiple platforms including xbox lol.

If you haven't yet, you should check it out.

http://www.xbmc.org

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Oooooo sounds tasty. Downloading right now.

Reaction score
XBMC is outstanding. It also forms the basis of the Boxee Box, which is one of the devices I'm most looking forward to in 2010. :)

Reaction score
yeah, it's pretty good, I like the layout and everything works fine. It's only lagged up on me once, and that was probably my fault, I had like ten other things running in the background.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
That is an excellent program dude! Thanks

I even figure how to re-size the window. Gotta go and start adding sources. Woooooooo!

Edit: XBMC doesn't seem to see iso files in my virtual player. (MagicDisc). VLC and WMP both read them fine. I'm looking into this but does anyone have a similar proplem with virtual dvd software?

Still love the program!

Last edited:

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Thanks, You are right.

Iso's play directly, no need to mount them in a virtual dvd. I'm liking it more every minute

Reaction score
Glad to hear. I was won over by this program too over "Windows Media Center". I just like the layout and functions much more then WMC. Open source software also has the advantage of tons of people developing for the program. This is why there are so many great plugins for this app.

Those of you who haven't found this site yet while playing around, it is a very useful site.

http://www.xbmczone.com/

Reaction score
I've been using XBMC 4 a while it's a very good program :)

Ask a Question