WLM2009 problem with W7 error code 8100030d

Reaction score
It's the 2nd time this happens, Windows Live Messenger 2009, all of the sudden disconnects, and never gets back online.
I fix it by deleting all the local windows live contact folders in AppData, but this way I loose all my custom emoticons, and as you can see, the problem come back after some days. Is there anyway to permanent fix this problem?
It's very annoying.

Thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you using AVG on this machine? If so try to uncheck the Instant Messaging protection option, as this can cause the problem too (according this page).

Other than that, deleting the folder as you already have done is the only other fix I can find.

Reaction score
I'm using NOD32 for 5 years now, and this problem never happened before, just now with W7

Reaction score
Ok, updates.
I just noticed that wlm2009 crashes everytime I play chinese music with songbird.
I don't know if it actually has something to do with W7 as well, but now I know its the songbird tweeter addon what causes this wierd error.

Reaction score
Windows 7 with WL2009 - 8100030d problem

I have a similar problem, I have Windows 7 Ultimate installed, and installed the latest version of WL.... it worked with the old version, but when I installed the new version it worked for a bit until I connected to my broadband at home, then I got the error code 8100030d.

There must eb a way of fixing the problem, I tried deleting the contacts folder as suggested, tried changing the AVG as suggested but still no luck.

Please can soemone help....

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum taxi333! Do you get any more data on this error in Event Viewer? If you can paste in the full error code that might help us find the problem.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you have any 3rd party firewall software on the PC?

Reaction score
i encountered similar problem before. it's working fine now. it happened last time with windows 7 build below 7600. installed newest WLM and crashed.
now i dont have any issues since im using newer windows 7 build..

cheers :D

Ask a Question