SOLVED winpk filter driver

Reaction score
Hi all
On boot up of my Windows7 Pro, I get a message that "The winpk filter driver is missing or has not installed properly" This may have something to do with security as my Comodo firewall will not start.
I have searched the net and found no accurate information on how to get this driver loaded, has anybody any info? regards Robert.

Reaction score
Try uninstalling Comodo and rebooting then reinstall and reboot and check for error message.

Reaction score
Many thanks for your quick reply, and my apologies for my slow one, as I have only just got my mail and your notification after hrs of trying,
I will try what you suggest and report back later, thanks, regards Robert.

Reaction score
Hi again
I did as you suggested and reinstalled the comodo+Antivirus firewall and it loaded ok and it updated, although the message "winpk driver filter is either missing or did not load" still appears at bootup, but the Comodo seems to work ok.
Regards Robert.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
It is part of the firewall setup. You might try running CCleaner's registry cleaner and see if that clears it up after a reboot.

Reaction score
Along with Nib's excellent suggestion, try this, uninstall comodo...run ccleaner again along it's registry fixer, then check your machine for any other bugs...malware, spyware, adware, just to those out. Use Malwarebytes, spybot S&D and Adaware. Then when the machine and you are satisfied that your PC is clean...install MSE and see if you get same error.

Reaction score
Hi guys
Thanks for your advice, I did what you suggested and downloaded Crap Cleaner (I had it some years ago, & it still seems a good prog) but on boot-up the message is still there, although the Comodo seems to work ok.
Regards Robert.

Reaction score
Hi Guys
If the same problem pops up again on the forum here is an update for your information, I have solved the problem by downloading another winpk driver

Corrupted or damaged WinpkFilter, you can renistall new winpkFilter. you can download it from
http://www.brothersoft.com/winpkfilter-94647.html

Hope this helps, regards Robert.

Ask a Question