Windows & with Netgear Nas

Reaction score
Hi

Wondered if anyone can help

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, on my Desktop and my Laptop

I have several drives mapped to a Netgear NAS Duo drive.

The laptop works fine, but on the desktop, whn I log into Windows it does not reconnect the drives (drives are there but with a red cross), other network drives are fine.

If I disable the NIC and then re enable it I can double click the drives, and they work fine, but soon as I reboot, they do not connect I have to repeat the above sequence.

Can you help

Many Thanks

PT

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are the NAS shares passworded at all?

Reaction score
thanks for the reply

they do not have any passwords, soon as I re enable the lan card it works, and the laptop is working fine.

Reaction score
Just an update, i have just mapped a drive to my SBS 2003 Server, and that works fine, so it is only with the NAS

makes no difference if I use static or synamic IP addresses

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Sounds like something odd with the network discovery settings, but beyond that I'm not sure. If only the drives connected to the NAS are affected though, then that would implicate the NAS itself.

Reaction score
I would agree, however it was fine when I was running Vista on the same machine and my laptop which is running W7 is fine

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Hmm. Just a few guesses, but have you tried checking for any stored credentials on the drives? Can do that by typing Credentials into the start search box. Also might try disabling network discovery, then re-enabling it? I'm grasping at straws here as I still have my own Windows 7 and NAS oddities I haven't been able to fix.

Ask a Question