Windows Update

Reaction score
Windows Update is not working. For 12 hours now Windows Update has been checking for updates (hang). The standalone updater is the same. How do I get pass checking for updates and see the updates?

Reaction score
Windows Update is not working. For 12 hours now Windows Update has been checking for updates (hang). The standalone updater is the same. How do I get pass checking for updates and see the updates?
Has it ever worked ?
No, seriously ... what you need to do is this : have patience.
Restart your computer, until it is solved. Every time I re-install Windows, I need to go through the cylce of installing several hundreds of changes. I NEVER works fast & easy. Every single time there are issues, but in the end it works out, given you restart your computer some times. I would say up to 5 boots could be needed. Take care that Windows also needs some time, to realise it needs changes, and to actually download them. So, don't restart 5 minutes after having started up. You can see that by means of the Restart button not having the "updates will be applied" text listed.

And when it REALLY seems to hang, check if the hard disk isn't rattling - or, the SSD being active, and restart your computer.

Ask a Question