Windows media player and comcast ??

Reaction score
Well I am back I have 8 weeks off from class and got me a tv turner card welll I was wondering if I am able to hook it up form wall to ocmp with W7 or if I have to go through the set top box in order to get tv on my pc ?

Reaction score
Well I am back I have 8 weeks off from class and got me a tv turner card well I was wondering if I am able to hook it up form wall to comp with W7 or if I have to go through the set top box in order to get tv on my pc ?
A TV Tuner Card should be an equivalent to the Set Top Box. Key word Tuner in the TV Card usually mean tuning into different channels.

Reaction score
A TV Tuner Card should be an equivalent to the Set Top Box. Key word Tuner in the TV Card usually mean tuning into different channels.
Yes I am aware of it but does comcast have any decoder needed to be able to do it I know with direct tv I can hook directly up to the sattilite, yet dish network I need thier sttop box.

I want to unlock all the features of W7, yet want to know more about the imbeded media center that si with W7......

so all I have to do is hook up to cable box right cliffy ?

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
You might be able to pickup a few channels, but for the vast majority of programming you would need a Comcast cablecard. Cable companies have slowly been encrypting more of their digital channels over the last couple years, and it's at the point where you would need a cablecard if you wish to access most of the content you would get with a cable box.

I suppose you could plug the cable box directly into the TV Tuner card, but you're still going to need a cable box and a long coaxial line. ;)

Reaction score
You might be able to pickup a few channels, but for the vast majority of programming you would need a Comcast cablecard. Cable companies have slowly been encrypting more of their digital channels over the last couple years, and it's at the point where you would need a cablecard if you wish to access most of the content you would get with a cable box.

I suppose you could plug the cable box directly into the TV Tuner card, but you're still going to need a cable box and a long coaxial line. ;)

Yea so I have to go through the settop box which limits my axcess to record multi channels and stuffs.......... But I can still have screen within a screen right ? LOL

Ask a Question