Windows Activation Error Code 0x80070422

Reaction score
I have Win7 RC1 Build 7100 Problem is
1)Activation Status and Product Id Status Not Availabe.
2)When I try To Activate Windows From Control Panel
I get An Error Has Occured. In Details Error Code is
0x80070422

I have already tried enabling services required like BITS,windows update and Dcomlaunch.

On Microsoft Site Under Activation Error Code 0x80070422 is not Listed.

I Google Everywhere Please Help Me out :-&

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Just to confirm, is this a legitimate copy of W7 RC1? If the system was not modified in any way and it gave you that error it'd be worth notifying Microsoft, they may have some ideas to try as well to rectify the problem.

I know the W7 Beta was tied into Microsoft's Connect service and I reported problems and got help that way, but I am less sure about the RC release.

Reaction score
Actually I got it from p2p networks but i activated it successfully right after installation.
I started getting these errors of non genuine windows some days later and when i tried to activate the windows again above scenario happens..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Have you stopped or modified any services running on your PC?

You could always try a fresh install if you don't have much data to lose (perhaps even a repair install would fix it).

Reaction score
Ya As Usual I tweak the services and i did many but the thing is all the services required for this activation operation and the error code i am getting are on.

Secondly If the required service is off i should get an error logged in event viewer and its not happening..

Ya sure i can do a clean install but i am trying to find solution without it.

The Option Of fix installation i have not done and will be trying soon and be back to report on it...

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
There are quite a few infected Windows 7 torrents going around and it's possible you may have gotten one of those.

Unless you are using a legitimate Windows 7 Beta key then that's probably your problem right there. However, if this is a legitimate key my advice is to just download Windows 7 RC directly from Microsoft as they still offer it for download.

Reaction score
The Thing is That Windows is Not From Site Directly But A trusted source.
So it being infected is a less possibility.

However the key i am using is one of the keys available out there.
But Then My Doubt is Why Would It activate in first place if it is a non genuine key.
Because after my os installation is complete i activated it online and ran properly for about a week :dontknow:...

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
The Thing is That Windows is Not From Site Directly But A trusted source.
So it being infected is a less possibility.

However the key i am using is one of the keys available out there.
But Then My Doubt is Why Would It activate in first place if it is a non genuine key.
Because after my os installation is complete i activated it online and ran properly for about a week :dontknow:...
Even genuine keys have install limits. If this was someone else's key that was distributed "out there", then you can be sure there are way more than 10 installs using it. You'd need to get your own key to fix this. ;)

Reaction score
Get a Product Key

Just need a Product Key? It's easy to get. If you've already downloaded the RC or have an installation disc, start the download process above by selecting your version and language. You'll be asked to enter your Windows Live ID, and answer a few registration questions. Then you'll see the product key you can use to activate the RC, and you won't need to go through the download process again.

Reaction score
Thank YOU Very Much.I am able to get the key.
In case i do a reinstall i will use the new so no problem occurs.

?Can I do something about entering this key in my current version which it is showing not genuine.

Since I have said in my problem that i am not able to enter " Activate Windows "
Where I can enter key.
Is reinstalling the only solution.??

Now I Have A New Key I ll be glad if i can enter it in same version by solving my above mentioned Problem..

Reaction score
Right click computer and go to properties then scroll to the bottom and look for activation - If you are not activated you should have the option to activate from there

Reaction score
Make sure you installed Windows 7 ultimate, and not any other version as they will not accept the public keys. You can enter a key in the system properties panel when you right click on My Computer and hit properties.

Reaction score
I am Sure Than is RC1.If U See The Starting For This Discussion U ll find what is the problem when i try to Activate.
There is No Option For Activate Windows Although Earlier it was there.

Now Situation is....

When I Try To Activate.. I get

Here Is Full Recording For What I Have Done In Problem Step Recoder

http://drive.123-reg.co.uk/F/61529-669951015

..?:(?..

Reaction score
I cant speak for everyone but if I ever get that message I would do what it says and reinstall for one reason - If I did get past it I would always wonder if there is something wrong thats not showing up - I would never trust that install ever!

Reaction score
I appreciate Ur instincts here but the case which makes me believe that install is proper is that.

I was able to activate it get it normally run for about a week.So it makes me think it cant be on its own that it went into this state.

Reinstalling is a pretty easy solution but i think not the right solution.
So i am trying to find if i can fix it in same install and get it working without having to reinstall .

My findings & Urs contribution may help others who later get same problem.
There Must Be Something Which Had Caused It and So will be something which will counter it back,.. Thats my belief...

Ask a Question