Windows 7


P

Peppers Mum

Hi all - I have a new HP Laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium running
wirelessly off my upstairs desktop. I decided to buy and install Windows
7 Home Premium on my Dell Dimension Desktop. I did not do the upgrade
but rather the clean install route. I had the desktop all setup and
windows mail installed for my husband and customized everything to my
preferences. But everytime the computer is rebooted, it loses all of my
settings, e-mail account is gone, favourites are gone, icons are back to
default, etc. Does anyone have any advice. TIA.

Cheers Jan
 
Ad

Advertisements

R

remove

Peppers said:
Hi all - I have a new HP Laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium running
wirelessly off my upstairs desktop. I decided to buy and install Windows
7 Home Premium on my Dell Dimension Desktop. I did not do the upgrade
but rather the clean install route. I had the desktop all setup and
windows mail installed for my husband and customized everything to my
preferences. But everytime the computer is rebooted, it loses all of my
settings, e-mail account is gone, favourites are gone, icons are back to
default, etc. Does anyone have any advice. TIA.

Cheers Jan
Because you did a CLEAN install
 
P

Peppers Mum

"welsh(remove) said:
Yes I realise I fell for it
Yes but I am saying that everytime I set everything up the way I like,
after re-boot it is gone back to no e-mail settings, no favourites etc.
 
S

Student

Yes but I am saying that everytime I set everything up the way I like,
after re-boot it is gone back to no e-mail settings, no favourites etc.

Could this be due to an an illegal copy of Windows 7?
 
C

Charles Tomaras

Peppers Mum said:
Hi all - I have a new HP Laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium running
wirelessly off my upstairs desktop. I decided to buy and install Windows
7 Home Premium on my Dell Dimension Desktop. I did not do the upgrade
but rather the clean install route. I had the desktop all setup and
windows mail installed for my husband and customized everything to my
preferences. But everytime the computer is rebooted, it loses all of my
settings, e-mail account is gone, favourites are gone, icons are back to
default, etc. Does anyone have any advice. TIA.

Cheers Jan
Not sure of your exact situation but the first thing that comes to mind is
that it might some how be related to User Settings. Try deleting all of your
existing users and create a new user. Log in under that new user name, make
some adjustments to your settings and see if they stick around.
 
Ad

Advertisements

A

Al Smith

Charles said:
Not sure of your exact situation but the first thing that comes to mind
is that it might some how be related to User Settings. Try deleting all
of your existing users and create a new user. Log in under that new user
name, make some adjustments to your settings and see if they stick around.
Yeah, her setting are probably still there, she's just logging in
as a different user from the one for whom the settings were set.

-Al-
 
P

Peppers Mum

Yeah, her setting are probably still there, she's just logging in
as a different user from the one for whom the settings were set.

-Al-
Neither pc gives me a logon prompt - the OS just loads straight to
Windows.
 
Ad

Advertisements

B

Bob Hatch

Peppers said:
Neither pc gives me a logon prompt - the OS just loads straight to
Windows.
If that's the case you've most likely not created a user account that
the settings can be saved to.



--
"To announce that there must be no criticism
of the President, or that we are to stand by
the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic
and servile, but is morally treasonable to the
American public."
Theodore Roosevelt
http://www.bobhatch.com
http://www.tdsrvresort.com
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top