Windows 7 will freeze when browsing the internet

pez

Reaction score
Hello, i have the same problem here, i have been looking all over the web and no issue yet :(. As FVampir did i'm also thinking about a hardware problem, abit is dead i guess and there is no driver update available.

I run the RC 7600 on a abit ab9 pro (never flashed my bios, the mobo is from 2006), e6600, radeon 4870 and 4x1gb corsair value ram.

The pc usually freeze when I am browing web just like FVampir but it remains quite "stable" when there is not much loading like listening music, browsing the explorer etc...

Starting to think that buying a new motherboard is the only solution :mad: for running win 7

Reaction score
Hi pez - Welcome to w7forums

I started a new thread with your problem as the other thread was 6 months old.

Did you perform a clean install or upgrade?

pez

Reaction score
Hello clifford_cooley, I did a clean install of course :). I have to mention there was problems during the installation, at first it was freezing at "completing installation". I looked over the web for this prob, and managed to complete sucessfully the installation by disconnecting my sata drives and unplugged 2 of 4 ram sticks.

Once the installation completed i tried to run it like that, but no matter the configuration it still crashes.

Yesterday it was running fine for listening music/watching films, but once i went surfing on internet it crashed.

About the drivers i used the latest jmicron36X (otherwise drives wouldn't be detected for installation) and updated the realtek audio driver . I should look for realtek ethernet drivers too...

Reaction score
You could look in the bios to make sure Plug and Play OS is set to yes.

Ask a Question