windows 7 stop 0x0000001a - dump attached

Reaction score
Good morning/afternoon/evening Folks

Unfortunately, since upgrading my Ram and Video Card, I've received a few BSOD's with the above Stop code

I do have the latest video card driver installed that i'm aware of, and my hard-drive has been ccleanered a thousand times - lol

At any rate, any help would be appreciated - Can somebody tell me how to attach the dump file? It doesnt seem to like the .dmp format

Thanks!
Jeff

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just had another bsod - 0x00000024

Ugh - so how do i format /attach the dump files? :)

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your ram timings are probably set wrong in your bios. Download CPU-z from this link. http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html . Install it and open it up. Make a screenshot of the following tabs in CPU-z and upload them here. The SPD tab and the Memory tab. Use the Snipping Tool for the screenshots and let it save them as .png files. Then upload them here.

Reaction score
I have attached both images above - thanks in advance for your help.

I DID just install some new ram, so that could be the issue. I tried resetting the bios to default (go into bios, hit f9, etc) so i'm hoping that'll make a difference...this screen shot of the tool is from after that. hows it look?

Reaction score
Your bios has your ram timings way off. That's your bsod cause. You need to manually set them in the bios. In CPU-z's SPD Tab copy the XMP 667mhz columns numbers on a piece of paper. CPU-z's Memory tab show's your ram's current timings. It needs to match exactly with one of the columns in the SPD tab. It doesn't, thus bsod's galore. Fix that and they go away. Also set the ram to Unganged.

Reaction score
Your bios has your ram timings way off. That's your bsod cause. You need to manually set them in the bios. In CPU-z's SPD Tab copy the XMP 667mhz columns numbers on a piece of paper. CPU-z's Memory tab show's your ram's current timings. It needs to match exactly with one of the columns in the SPD tab. It doesn't, thus bsod's galore. Fix that and they go away. Also set the ram to Unganged.
Strangely enough, I'm not able to find the settings to adjust the rams timing in my bios...

I'm using a Dell Studio XPS 9000 - could they have locked the bios to block access? If so, am I screwed?

Thanks again for the help - much appreciated. :eek:

Last edited:
Reaction score
They should be in a column on the right side of the bios more than likely. It probably say something like Advanced, Overclocking or something to that reference. It won't be one that says Load Optimized Defaults. Though you could try letting the bios reset itself and it could detect the new ram's timings for you. Try either Load Defaults, Load Standard Defaults or Load Optimized Defaults and then click on either the F10 key on your keyboard or Save & Exit and then enter a few times. Re-run CPU-z and open the Memory tab and then the SPD tab. The Memory tab numbers should match one of the SPD tabs columns. If they don't, you need to change them yourself in the bios. If problems persist. post back you bios type (Phoenix, AMI/American Megatrends,etc.) and it's version number which is at the bottom of the screen in the bios menu where it first opens at.

Ask a Question