Windows 7 Search Box

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
been searching win7 for ages and still cannot find the search box that used to be on Xp, where I could specify which drive to search in, appreciate help
Thanks and Regards
Bob

Reaction score
It's at the bottom of your start menu. Just type your query in the box.

Reaction score
Hi,
thanks for the reply, I have tried that, but the 'search', does not search the other 3 drives in my computer, if I click the drives in my computer i can see the contents of them, before in XP the search application would search the entire computer
Regards
Bob

Reaction score
it's on the upright of the windows explorer

first select where the drive u want to search (ex:my computer, C, D, etc.)
then type the file's name on the search box (upright)

Reaction score
Hi metro5053 - Welcome to w7forums

If you don't find exactly what you are looking for perhaps you can try this software - It free and amazingly fast

Everything 1.2.1.371
What is "Everything"?
"Everything" is an administrative tool that locates files and folders by filename instantly for Windows.
Unlike Windows search "Everything" initially displays every file and folder on your computer (hence the name "Everything").
You type in a search filter to limit what files and folders are displayed.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
You can also click Start, then Computer, this will allow you to see your drives. You can open each drive to view files, or whatever you're looking for. Welcome to the forums, metro5053! Hope this and the above posts points you in the direction you want. Post back if you need help.

Reaction score
Where has it gone

Hi guys,
Thanks so much for you help, it is appreciated, nice to know help is out there
Thanks and Regards
Bob

Reaction score
Also one other way to search Windows+F (hold down the Windows Key and push F)

This will pull up a search window and contains a few more quick filters than the other windows (at least for me!)

Cheers,

Bryan W

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Set your indexing options to include the additional drives, otherwise their contents won't be indexed for Windows Search.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
How do you do that?
Type "Search" into the Startmenu search box. Look for "Change how Windows Searches" and select that.

Once the window opens click the modify button, and you can add/remove locations, folders, and drives to Window 7's Indexing service. :)

Ask a Question