Windows 7 Mail

Reaction score
Windows XP and Vista both have a mail client for free, but I can't find it in Windows 7? Is it because this is a beta and they will just put the Vista one back in?

I am using Thunderbird at the moment, but it would be nice to switch back to the normal Windows mail application if I can find it :lol:

Reaction score
Windows XP and Vista both have a mail client for free, but I can't find it in Windows 7? Is it because this is a beta and they will just put the Vista one back in?

I am using Thunderbird at the moment, but it would be nice to switch back to the normal Windows mail application if I can find it :lol:

Do what I did.....copy the Vista Mail program over to Windows 7. Works perfect:)

Reaction score
Do what I did.....copy the Vista Mail program over to Windows 7. Works perfect:)
How do we do that, do we just need to copy the C:\Program Files\Windows Mail over to Windows 7 and it will work? :cool: If so, I'll do that!

Reaction score
you could simply download Windows Live Mail which has all the features of Windows Mail but also has the ability to use hotmail accounts in it.
download from www.download.live.com

Reaction score
Live Mail

I've got Live Mail Installed, but using the Office Viewer Packages only Word & xls is working if it is attached to the mail. Any *.pps attachement has to be saved, only then
I can open it. Clicking on the PPS attachement, it says no file association. But the saved file opens but not from Live Mail ? I had the problem on the Beta 7000 and now with the RC 7100. I guess the Live mail is still the same,or? Anybody who can help

Reaction score
I've got Live Mail Installed, but using the Office Viewer Packages only Word & xls is working if it is attached to the mail. Any *.pps attachement has to be saved, only then
I can open it. Clicking on the PPS attachement, it says no file association. But the saved file opens but not from Live Mail ? I had the problem on the Beta 7000 and now with the RC 7100. I guess the Live mail is still the same,or? Anybody who can help
I've tried this with Powerpoint 2007 installed on my system and it opened fine.
Does it help if you install the PPS viewer in compatibility mode?
Maybe we need to wait for the viewing software to be updated :(

Reaction score
I use Microsoft Office outlook 2003 and 2007, both work fine. ;)

Ask a Question