Windows 7 Lock-up Freeze with Lenovo

Reaction score
Hi!

I was wondering if some forum experts would be able to point me in a direction. For the last couple of days, I have been experiencing what I consider a freeze but from what I've read, might be more of a lock-up.

From what I can remember, it has been happening when I use Firefox (because I'm almost always in that program).

What happens is Firefox freezes but then all other programs freeze if I toggle to them. On top of that, I am not able to bring the Task Manager up with Ctrl Alt Delete what so ever.

I'm usually able to still toggle between programs that say they are Not Responding. Usually it gets more debilitated and I have to resort to a hard shut down.

I have tried using CCleaner to basically try to clean up anything.

What I'm using:

Lenovo G550 Notebook
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30 GHz 2.30
RAM: 4.00 GB
Windows 64bit

Windows Updates are completely up to date.

Any ideas on what I should try to do first?

Thanks heeps!
Amy

Reaction score
Try installing the RAMBack addon in Firefox. Also make sure you have the most recent version of Firefox 3.6.13. In Firefox click Help and click on Check for updates. If you're using Firefox 4.0 beta, they came out with a new version of that a week or 2 ago.

Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestions! I verified that Firefox is at 3.6.13 and then I installed RAMBack. *crosses fingers* :D Will come back with an update in a couple of days.

Reaction score
You can also search Maximum PC's website for Firefox tweaks. www.maximumpc.com . They're without a doubt the most knowlegable pc magazine available. Also, try Lifehacker www.lifehacker.com another extremely knowledgable website. They also cover other things besides pc's. They've also got alot of good Windows 7 tips and walkthroughs.

Ask a Question