Windows 7 is not starting up

Reaction score
Hi,

I purchased a new machine recently. From yesterday onwards my system is not booting up. When i switch on my system the windows 7 logo appears and system stays there it self.

After few minutes system shuts down automatically and starts again displaying below message.

=============================================================
windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

If windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly, start up repair can help diagnose and fix the problem. If power was interupted during saatrtup, choose start windows normally.

(Use the arrow keys to highlight your choice.)

Launch start up repair (recommended)
start windows normally.

seconds until the highlighted choice will be selected automatically: 10
Description: Fix problems that are preventing windows from starting.

============================================================

I gave the 1st options and after 15 minutes it said file repair successfully and system was also restarted. After my work i shut down my system for the day.

The very next day it happened the same again but trying the option 1 did not help. After some time it said windows is not able to repair the files. And from then i am not able start my system.

Occasionally it works say 1 in 20 times when i insert a CD during start up. There is no system restore point also since the machine is a new machine.

Please advice on this. I really do not want to format my system thinking this problem is not very serious and could be resolved.

Thank You,
MP

Reaction score
Are you able to start in safe mode by tapping the F8 key? If you can or the next time you are able to boot into Windows run chkdsk /r.

Check your BIOS settings to make sure that your hard drive is set as the first boot drive. You might also check the SATA settings in BIOS.

Reaction score
From safe mode + networking, type msinfo32 in the start menu and press enter. File | save on the opened screen. Zip the saved file and attach to a post using the paperclip above where you type, in a reply.

We can see the funky software causing this problem. Likely antivirus. I bet it's AVG, Norton or McAfee.

We'll probably be able to help like this, with precise steps and solutions.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Did you create a system recovery disk? If so I would pop it in and boot up to it and let it do it's thing.

Ask a Question