Windows 7 freezes when browsing the internet

Reaction score
I have same freezing issue. usually while starting any web browser or just browsing web.

I have abit ab9 pro mobo and I thing this is driver related issue? but u never know :/

someone solved this problem already?

7077, 6600 c2d, gf8600gts,abit ab9 pro and I have vista installed to another partition...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi FVampir, I've moved this post to a new thread - as the old one was a few months old and not quite the same problem.

Have you had a look in the event viewer to see if anything happens at the time of the crash?

Reaction score
yeh... the same crash event all the time it crashes. no reason given.
that was the critical event....there is lot of warning events.. and as soon I get home have to start hunting/fixing those :D

Reaction score
seems to freeze with any browser... now the uptime is over 10 mins an I,m waiting for crahs :D

could it be some overheating prolem also?... another thing is that my HD:s are doing something all the time win 7 is running...

If this continues have to try fresh instal...

Reaction score
seems to freeze with any browser... now the uptime is over 10 mins an I,m waiting for crahs :D

could it be some overheating prolem also?... another thing is that my HD:s are doing something all the time win 7 is running...

If this continues have to try fresh instal...
I would say the fresh install idea has merit it may work for you - good luck with your browser problem hope the fresh install does the trick :)

Reaction score
I really start wondering if there is some problem in my hardfware... I made yesterday many fresh instals and now it freezes even in the install :/

I changed the ddrs, tried with only on hdd -also with different sata place...same thing whole the time... I'll try vista again... if thats gonan work... if not... i don't know what next :/

Reaction score
I made yesterday many fresh instals and now it freezes even in the install
mega lol !! many fresh instals :eek:

u didn it with the same build ? wich one ? maybe u shud wait for a new build to out

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I really start wondering if there is some problem in my hardfware... I made yesterday many fresh instals and now it freezes even in the install :/
It might be worth downloading and burning a new ISO, that could cause problems during the install :)

Reaction score
haha.. of course I formatted always before trying new instal... :)
the reason for that was I really wanted to check which of the driver opdates didn't have effect and which did... but still have to try some new iso.. or semoething :/

Reaction score
well u dont have to insist to install it , according some rumors , the rc will be available on may 5 so its just 2 week more of waiting

here , i f .. ep with 7077 trying to make deamon tools work and also asus aiguru skype crap phone

but i decided to slow down and wait for rc , till then i do nothing

Reaction score
I have same freezing issue. usually while starting any web browser or just browsing web.

I have abit ab9 pro mobo and I thing this is driver related issue? but u never know :/

someone solved this problem already?

7077, 6600 c2d, gf8600gts,abit ab9 pro and I have vista installed to another partition...
ive got the same problem, running the 7100 rc build. hardisk is working all the time, and computer freezez down for 3-10min, maybe 2-3 times each hour.
it don't matter if im browsing the web, watch a movie, listen to music or what ever, still freezes
anyone found a fix for this jet ? :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Another though, did you download your windows 7 as a torrent, a lot of torrents have viruses in them. you might want to get a fresh copy from microsoft and make yourself a new disk and do a fresh install.

Reaction score
Everytime I have freezing problems - The first thing I do is look into resource hogs and start killing processes using TaskManager - If you want to stop it from loading at start - There are ways to stop the process from loading

Sometimes hardware glitches can be solved by reseating all the connections inside the computer - Besides periodically its a good idea to open the case and blow out the dust - A clean system runs cooler

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Did you try updating the driver? Often times, that is the solution to everything.

Reaction score
I also have this same freezing issue.Tried everything but out of luck.Tried different ISO image,reinstalled but nothing.

Reaction score
I have now RC from microsoft pages... and same problem... Hal.inf fails to load..after that chipset driver and after that audio and graphic drivers,,, where can I get updated hal drivers...? my mother board is abit ab9 pro.

Reaction score
FIXED .. finally .. after days of reading forums and visits to Best Buy to upgrade hardware... this solution costs nothing so hopefully it will work for you.

#0 .. Before doing anything else make sure your drivers are all up to date. I tried this solution first and it didn't help at all but it may help some folks and its a good thing to do anyway.

I found that most of my problems occurred when using P2P applications such as Bittorrent and Limewire. Changing these programs to run as Administrator and also run with Windows Vista Compatibility GREATLY reduced the amount of freezes.

No freezes since finding and making this change.
Power options. Apparently the default setting in Windows 7 wasn't providing enough power for my system to opperate properly, such as when running P2P applications, even Firefox at times. Solution is simple.. Search for "Power Options" from the Start Menu search. You will likely see that your current power option is "Balanced". Balanced is great if you like your system to freeze all the time. Change it to "High performance". Note that you may need to click "Show Additional plans" to see this option.

I hope this helps someone. This seems to have fixed my Windows 7 problems. Also, since I found the Power options solution last it is possible that this solution will work in and of itself so you might just try it first.

I have YET to have a single freeze since changing my Power options. Before implementing #2 I was freezing every 20 - 30 minutes or so. Before #1 it was within minutes of running my usual apps. Ultimately I think that the Power Options is probably the TRUE solution.

pez

Reaction score
Hello Andrewtn, do you have the same configuration as FVampir?

Reaction score
Hello Andrewtn, do you have the same configuration as FVampir?
No, I was referring to the freezing issue in general.. at least the one I was dealing with since installing Windows 7 two weeks ago. I was not experiencing the Hal.inf issue as far as I know but I was experiencing random and frequently recurring system freezing which stopped completely after adjusting my power settings. I am running a recently downloaded copy of Windows 7 Professional 32 bit.

Ask a Question