AMD Athlon64 dual core 6000+
ASUS m2n4
XFX gts 8800 640mb
4gb Corsair XMS2 800mhz
WD Caviar Black tb
WD 320gb
Soundblaster Xtreme Gamer

Have had this problem for about 2 weeks,
There are 2 games on my PC which cause windows to freeze when double clicking on the icon to play, one of the games was freezing the PC when trying to uninstall. I have had a couple of freezes when opening videos too. I have tried running these games as administrator, I have tried compatibility mode.. Nothing works!!

Basically, the problems I am having are totally different to any of the other ones i've read in these forums

When I say freeze I mean Nothing responds!

I have updated drivers, re-installed windows.. I am pulling my hair out.

Please help!

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hum... You could try checking for registry errors. Softwares can become eratic due to registry errors. CCleaner is good. www.piriform.com

Seeing as you have tried all other ways of making it work, and since it is only those two games, I don't know.

What are the games? What OS were they designed for?

Cheers,
Fire Cat

Reaction score
Hum... You could try checking for registry errors. Softwares can become eratic due to registry errors. CCleaner is good. www.piriform.com

Seeing as you have tried all other ways of making it work, and since it is only those two games, I don't know.

What are the games? What OS were they designed for?

Cheers,
Fire Cat
Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I have CCleaner, use it weekly..

it's actually 3 games now.. I only have 5 on the PC at the moment
Grand Theft Auto IV
Episodes from Liberty City
and My Sims

I know the GTA games can run on 7..
MySims was working and now it just freezes..

I've tried various system restores
as I think it might have something to do with a program i've installed or something... not sure.

Thanks again!

Reaction score
I'v had this for the last 5 day IE8 lockup and the computer lockup,lineage II not working and it was all down to Microsoft Security Essentials I just installed, now it off and it working fine

Reaction score
Can he?

Whats your OS Nach?

XP Mode is only available in Windows 7 pro and Ultimate.

Cheers,
Fire Cat
Xp mode is just paravirtualisation of XP using Microsoft virtual pc hypervisor program and it can be done in any os i guess. Use Vmware and install Xp in full virtualisation and go for Unity feature and you will feel like using xp with limited system resources and its better than para virtualized xp mode IMO

Ask a Question