Windows 7 File Permissions are Retarded.

Reaction score
The transition from XP to Windows 7 seemed pleasant, until I realized that I can no longer copy files from my own machine into a network folder which I have full rights to.

Pretty please, help me solve this. It is unique in that I've already taken ownership of the file, yet the error persists. When copying a file 'install_flash_player.exe' from my desktop to a remote share \\server\folder$\subfolder I get a message to the tune of:
(Taken from Google Images)

So then I run the damn calcs program, here's my output:

Code:
\\server\folder$\subfolder\install_flash_player.exe <Account Domain not found>(ID)F 
                                                                  UFAD\PS-ADMINS:(ID)F 
                                                                  UFAD\ps-adm:(ID)F 
                                                                  UFAD\PS-STUDENTS:(ID)C 
                                                                  UFAD\PS-WKS-ADMINS:(ID)C 
                                                                  BUILTIN\Administrators:(ID)F 
                                                                  <Account Domain not found>(ID)C 
                                                                  BUILTIN\Users:(ID)C 
                                                                  NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(ID)F
As you can see, my current account ps-admin is marked F, or granted full control of this folder. Further, I went out of my way to take control of the file install_flash_player.exe and I am the owner.

Please, I beg of you, guide me to making these permissions work right. I am the administrator at our office and not able to copy my own files to my own server's network share that I created? Not acceptable.

Reaction score
Hey Trimegisto,
It is happening to .exe and .dll files, but I've discovered all other files seem to work. (Images, PDFs and whatnot)

Any idea?

Ask a Question