Windows 7 and Hotmail

Reaction score
Hi! I'm also having trouble connecting to Hotmail. I get no message, just won't get connected. The loading bar always stays less than halfway. I have a Dell Studio XPS with Windows 7. I can connect to Hotmail at the office computer, read messages, send attachments and all. In my home computer, I connect to Facebook, newspapers, everything. But not to live.com nor hotmail.com.

I've read lots of forum solutions everywhere but to no avail.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
How are you attempting to reference the hotmail? Are you using Windows Live Mail? Are you using a browser to access it directly? Which browser? 32-bit or 64-bit version of the browser?

WLM has issues for many users so please try logging in to hotmail directly. Hotmail requires java scripting to work so if you have any script blockers it may also be causing the issues.

What I would suggest is going to accessories and running the Internet Explorer (No add-ons) option and type in www.hotmail.com or www.live.com and attempt to login to your account.

Reaction score
Thanks

Many many thanks, T-Man. I gave up trying to access through the browser. Instead, I'm going thru the Windows Live Mail icon. I preferred the browser, as I could go places and come back to the messages when needed.

Though, it's quite cumbersome having to type the password and wait for the box to load hundreds of messages, every time I sign in.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your tips and hope you keep shedding light on us not-so-computer-literate types for many years. May you have a very successful New Year.

Luis

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well when using WLM I read some people have had success after deleting their WLM accounts and then recreating them but it isn't a sure thing. It could be the sheer volume of mail you seem to get. Prior to joining this forum, I never had 100 emails in an entire month.

Ask a Question