Windows 7 64 Wireless Adapter

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the forums and I thought I'd challenge ya with a problem of mine.

I have 7 x64 installed on my computer and after doing a little research found that my old Linksys WMP54GV4 wireless adapter should be compatible when paired with the Ralink RT2500 driver.

Well I updated the driver and everything went smoothly. The card is recognized and connects to my router with full signal strength. However, I have no internet connectivity. :dontknow:

Does anyone have experience with this particular issue? I'd rather not have to spend $50 on a new adapter.

Thanks and any help is greatly appreciated! :top:

Reaction score
Reaction score
You have a dns issue.

Look for mdnsrepsonder.exe in the task manager. If you have that, let me know because that means you have the Bonjour service messing you up. There is a specific way to get rid of it completely that you'll need to follow.

If you don't have that, set a static ip address for IPv4 in Windows for the adapter.
Use 208.67.222.222 as the preferred dns server, your router's config page address as the gateway and for ip, use the same as gateway only change the last number to .150

Subnet mask = 255.255.255.0

Router's config page is typically 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

Ask a Question