Win7 Install Hard Drive Not Found

Reaction score
Hi,

Awhile ago, my hard drive got accidentally wiped when I was trying to switch from RAID to AHCI. So, I tried doing a clean install of Windows 7, but the setup couldn't find a hard drive connected when the BIOS could. I researched it some and found that I probably need a driver for it to be recognized. I tried putting the driver on a flashdrive, but the setup couldn't find a driver(I'm guessing this is because the diver is a setup file).

Anyone know what to do?

-Motherboard: 775twins-hdtv

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hi tylerb143! Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums website!

Are you trying to install from the boot process, where the DVD drive is set as the "First Boot Device" in the BIOS? Then saving and rebooting with the install disk?

Reaction score
Yes, that's what I've been doing. The setup loads fine, but the hard drive doesn't show up on the list.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
It's not showing up in the window that shows the partitions and such?

Do you have more than one hard drive connected to the computer when trying to install? If so, unplug ALL of them except the one you're trying to install to, that includes USB external drives, flash drives, etc.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
What BIOS settings are you using for the drive beside AHCI?

Is it showing up in the BIOS?

Reaction score
Yes, the hard drive is showing up in the BIOS. And I have everything on default. Not sure exactly which settings i should mention.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I'll try to get with you tomorrow. I really bushed right now. Check around 10AM CST USA and I'll try to check your motherboard manual in the meantime.

Reaction score
Im not gonna be able to be there in time. Around the earliest time I could be there is 4pm CST.

Ask a Question